Back to School: Washing School Uniforms
The new school year is well underway and you may now find that your laundry hamper is facing new, increased demands. From school dresses, skirts, pants, sweaters, shirts, socks, and sports kit, there is plenty of attire that parents have to tackle when it comes to keeping everything clean. Some days, your child may bring back some of their art class or lunch on their clothing. To help keep everything clean, take your kid’s school uniform down to your local Chula Vista laundromat.
- Use a stain remover on any bad stains. Pretreat scuffs and stains with a good-quality solution, focusing on susceptible areas such as underarms, necklines, and cuffs.
- To remove stubborn odor, presoak the item for 30 minutes in cool water mixed with ¼ cup of scented vinegar.
- Before washing, turn everything inside out to prevent colors from fading.
- Wash separately and divide the uniform into similar colored loads.
- Use a mild detergent – less is more! Too much detergent can cause clothes to feel uncomfortable.
- Place delicate or small items (e.g. embroidery, socks, leggings) in a mesh washing bag to prevent damage and keep them together.
- If the item is cotton, linen or durable synthetic, wash in warm or cool water.
- Wash wool sweaters and vests in cool water.
- Air dry uniforms to preserve color and shape.
- If you’re in a hurry, use a dryer at the laundromat on a low heat setting.
Be sure to find a quality Chula Vista laundromat that offers flexible hours and a great atmosphere to make your laundry a snap. At Fresh & Clean Laundry, we are here to help. Visit our laundromat today to learn how we can help you do your laundry in no time.
Comments are closed.