While changes in skincare products, stress, and even hormones are all known to impact your skin, did you know that laundry detergent can irritate sensitive skin? Believe it or not, but the detergent you use to wash your pillows, towels, face cloths, and clothing may be causing your skin to breakout. In most cases, your local Chula Vista laundromat can help determine what is right for you.
What laundry detergent can cause a breakout?
- Scented laundry detergent – Strongly scented laundry detergent can contain a number of harsh chemicals and irritating ingredients. If you get skin rashes or breakouts, there is a good chance that your scented laundry soap is part of the problem. Instead, switch to a fragrance- and dye-free detergent.
How to clean your clothes to avoid a breakout
- Use the right detergent – It’s worth trialing hypoallergenic and unscented detergents to find the right one for your skin.
- Avoid essential oils – If you’ve been adding essential oils to your laundry for natural fragrance, be cautious that these are strong, potent oils that can irritate the skin.
- Avoid dryer sheets – Dryer sheets can be an allergy trigger for some people with skin sensitivity.
- Avoid fabric softener – Fabric softener can often be loaded with chemicals. Instead, add a cup of vinegar to the fabric softener dispenser to get soft, fluffy clothes naturally! Don’t worry, your clothes won’t end up smelling of vinegar once the cycle is complete.
If you have skin breakouts or skin allergies, be mindful of how you wash your clothes. You can make your laundry chores a snap by visiting Fresh & Clean Laundry in Chula Vista. We’re open from 6:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily so you can get all of your laundry done in no time. With large machines – and plenty of them – let us help you get your laundry done quickly. Call 619-691-7626 for more information.
Comments are closed.