Washing Your Activewear at the Laundromat
You may already have your laundry routine down to an art. You understand the importance of separating your darks from your lights, and you know how to handle delicate materials. But what about workout clothes? Although they take a beating from your body, they need more care in the wash than your socks and t-shirts. Fortunately, with the help of your Chula Vista laundromat, you can wash your activewear with ease.
Your workout clothes absorb all the dead skin cells and oils that come off your body when you exercise. While your workout attire dirties more readily than your normal clothing, they also tend to be more delicate. In general, these expensive fabrics that are used to make your gear stretchy and supportive react poorly to two things: detergent and fabric softener.
Extra detergent can build up on your clothes, trapping dead skin and creating an ideal environment for fungus. As for fabric softener, it can leave behind a coating that will trap smells and can become difficult to clean away. Fabric softener locks in odors, which means that your workout clothes may come out of the washing machine smelling worse than they did before.
To keep your workout clothes clean, intact, and fragrance-free at the laundromat, take a look at these tips:
- Turn everything inside out to safeguard colors.
- Before washing, soak your active clothes in a mixture of cold water and half a cup of white vinegar for 15 minutes. This helps to eliminate any odors while breaking down any grime that has built up over your workout.
- Use a small amount of detergent.
- Wash your clothes on a cold water cycle – hot water can break down textile and lead to shrinkage.
- Air-dry your clothes or use a low heat setting on your dryer.
Always make sure you look at the instructions found on the tags of your clothing, as they will inform you as to the best ways to get them clean. This will keep your clothes looking their best and last you for many more workouts!
Be sure to find a quality Chula Vista laundromat that offers flexible hours and a great atmosphere to make your laundry a snap. At Fresh & Clean Laundry, we are here to help. Visit our laundromat today to learn how we can help you do your laundry in no time.
Comments are closed.