Helpful Holiday Stain Removal How-Tos
In all the excitement, it’s easy to get carried away – doing charades, toasting with champagne, opening presents, and over-excited pets – the possibilities for spills and splashes are endless! Relax, we’ve got you covered. When and if holiday stains occur, aim to tend to them immediately before they set in. You’re far more likely to remove them easily when they’re fresh than when they’re dry and left in the laundry basket for days.
Here are a few tips on handling holiday meal spills:
- Scrape off as much as possible with a blunt knife
- Apply a few drops of white spirit and blot with paper towels
- Rinse under cold running water
- Wash in a warm machine wash with biological detergent
- If the stain is large, work a few drops of liquid detergent into it before washing
- Blot up as much moisture as you can with paper towels
- Flush the fabric with cool water
- Cover it generously with table salt and leave the salt to absorb the wine
- Brush the salt off, soak the stain with more water, then blot with a cloth
- Wash as usual in the washing machine
- Using a blunt knife, scrape any solids away
- Dab white vinegar into the affected area. Work in gently
- Mix a soapy solution of warm water and washing powder, gently dab this on the stain
- If the stain is still there, repeat with vinegar and again with the soapy solution
- Rinse with cool water
At Fresh & Clean, we are your one-stop-shop for all your laundry needs, whether it be laundry or dry cleaning. Visit our website or call us today at 619-691-7626 to learn how we can help you do your laundry and dry cleaning in no time.
Comments are closed.