How to Wash Your Comforter
A comforter is often forgotten about when it comes time to wash the bed sheets. Although it doesn’t need to be washed quite as often as pillowcases and sheets, it’s still worthwhile washing it occasionally to ensure it stays fresh.
To help you wash your comforter with ease, take a look at these tips:
- Look for any tears or holes. You will want to patch these up with a needle and thread before putting it in the washing machine.
- Check the label for the recommended washing instructions
- Treat the comforter with pre-treatment strain remover to eliminate any spots.
- If the comforter cannot fit in your washing machine with plenty of room to move, take it to your local laundromat where they will have bigger machines.
- Set the washing machine to either the gentle or delicate cycle. Refer to the label for any water temperature recommendations.
- After the wash cycle is completed, follow the label’s drying instructions. Be aware that comforters drying at low temperatures may take several hours to fully dry.
Large items like comforters require a lot of space in a washing machine in order be cleaned properly. Fortunately, at Fresh & Clean Laundry, we have four jumbo washers that are up for the task. Our jumbo washers can clean up to 10 loads or 90 lbs. of laundry at once, making them ideal for large items like comforters.
Can’t get the comforter to the laundromat? Let us pick it up for you! We offer pick-up and delivery services so that you don’t have to spend time at the laundromat in order to get your laundry done. Simply call us, arrange a time for us to pick-up your laundry and comforter and we’ll deliver it back to you in a few short hours.
At Fresh & Clean, we are your one-stop-shop for all your laundry needs, whether it be laundry or dry cleaning. Visit our website or call us today at 619-691-7626 to learn how we can help you do your laundry and dry cleaning in no time.
Comments are closed.