The Nation’s Laundry Habits Revealed!
More often than not, laundry can feel like a never-ending battle. Not only is there always something to be washed, but it then has be dried, sorted, and folded. While this can be helped with a Chula Vista laundromat, we take a look at how often people wash everyday items.
A recent survey of 1000 Americans released shocking results about the nation’s laundry habits. While some of the results were expected, some of them were shocking. One of the most surprising results was on how often people wash their underwear. Most people said that they washed them after one to two wears. However, a shocking number of people responded saying they never washed them. Almost 20 percent of men said they never did compared to just over 10 percent of women.
By age group, middle-aged people were the least clean, having the highest response of never cleaning. Younger people, around 18 to 24 years old had the lowest rate of not cleaning and had the highest response rate of 1 to 2 wears.
Check out some more interesting facts about habits of the nation:
- 39% of men and 54% of women reported washing their jeans after 1 to 2 wears.
- The majority of women aged 18 to over 65 reported doing 4 to 5 loads of laundry per week.
- Younger people had the highest account of doing more than 10 loads of laundry per week.
- On the whole, women were more likely to start doing their own laundry earlier than men.
- Older men in particular still said they had someone doing their laundry at nearly 1 out of 10.
- Around 7% of men said that they only wash their bed sheets every 6 months.
- Over 10% of men said they couldn’t remember last time they washed their bed sheets.
- 17% of men and 7% of women say they never wash their guest sheets after someone stays over.
- Younger people spend the most on laundry, with an average of nearly $90 a month.
Laundry isn’t an activity most people enjoy doing, but it is an important one to do. You can make your laundry a snap by visiting Fresh & Clean Laundry in Chula Vista. We’re open from 6:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily so that you can get all of your laundry done in no time. With large machines – and plenty of them – let us help you get your laundry done quickly. Call 619-691-7626 for more information.
Comments are closed.